Interac E Transfer Withdrawal pending review Day 9

Would like somebody to look into my account as this is DAY 9 my withdrawal is pending review for an interact e-transfer, I feel something isn’t right even though live chat keeps telling me it will be coming no problem, can I please have somebody message me and look into this further…

Welcome :slight_smile:

Your withdrawal is pending as you have a deposit that hasn’t cleared yet. As soon as it’s cleared, we’ll be able to send out your request.

Bank confirmed it was already cleared awhile ago, I also have a reference number. This is making no sense to me. No idea how this can sit in review for almost two weeks with nothing being done.

When did it clear from your bank account?

Bank said it was same day, they gave me the transaction id number and that’s all they can do from my end… this has been crazy cody please get this sorted out.

Check the date on your statement and let me know.

February 2nd is the exact date see above please

I’ve removed your screenshot as this is a public post. Your statement shows it cleared on February 2nd, and it usually takes 5 - 7 business days for us to receive it. It should be cleared this week :slight_smile:

Today is day 7 my friend, what happens if again nothing comes today?

Saturday and Sundays are not business days.

Makes sense, now if I was to cancel and make an account on Coin Berry, you guys send the bit coin within 15 minutes or what is the wait time on that? I just don’t want to wait another week for you guys to just cancel it or some error to happen…

We won’t be able to process any withdrawals for you until the deposit has cleared.

With Bitcoin, you’ll receive it within 15 minutes after it has been approved.

You have proof it has cleared though. What does approving the bit coin mean? How long does that take? I’m looking at alternative routes if this keeps going south on my end.

It’s cleared from your bank account, but it’s not been received yet.

Bitcoin withdrawals are usually approved within 24 hours.

Hey Cody! Im also having trouble with a pending withdraw. I wasnt sure how else to reach out. Can you help? Says expired and wont even reverse now. Still pending …

Thx!

Hi @bomeg1 I will message you