Twitter Giveaways

Has anyone been told by Bodog’s twitter account that they’ve won a giveaway and actually received the prize they were said to have won?

I was told 8 weeks ago that I won the MLB jersey giveaway and “the winner can choose ANY jersey they want”. I was given the run around on dms for 8 weeks, then sent to someone in PR who told me I got lost in the shuffle and then they tried to change the prize, telling me I threw them a curveball when I asked for a jersey that I wanted, as the contest had advertised (nothing special, just a Yankees road jersey in my size with the number 42 on it)… Now in a few days, I haven’t heard back from the PR guy either.

I contacted the Bodog customer support and they said they don’t deal with social media giveaways, and to contact the social media account. Social media dms just give me the run around. Is this common for other prize winners or unique to just me?

We are sorry if this is the case, and will reach out to the Social Team for you. The response may take a day or so, but we’ll try to have updates here from now on.

I’ve been escalated to someone in PR I believe. That happened in the last week. Will see how this goes, but it seems the prize that was advertised may well be off the table as I’m being told I’m to be sent a gift certificate to a company that can’t/doesn’t customize jerseys and has a very limited selection instead. Not exactly “ANY jersey they want”. I’m being made to feel guilty and out of line in asking about the prize I was told I had won after getting blown off when asking about it for 8 weeks. It’s gone from a really exciting experience to just stress and guilt.

This issue STILL isn’t resolved. I’ve been told that the advertised prize was too expensive and was asked to look for a cheaper alternative. I found a cheaper alternative that was only 60% of the advertised prize and now I’m being told that’s still too much. I’ve been waiting 4 months for this prize I was told I had won. I’m starting to wonder if these contests are legit, there’s no way it should take this long and still be told that even 60% of the value of the original prize is too much. What’s going on here?

Closing this without a valid answer is cowardly. Your third party is blaming you and you’re blaming your third party, then tried to silence it by closing the thread? What kind of scam site are you guys running?

We did reach out to the team in regards to this, though apparently we are somewhat also at the mercy of the third party that provides the items. Ultimately our social channels and what they’ve responded will likely apply.