Credit Card Deposit Fees?

I am a little confused (and quite frankly horrified) about the ‘new’ fees being charged on credit card deposits from Canada. I have used this site for 10+ years without any fees being charged when I deposit with my Visa card. Over the last few weeks, I have noticed deposit fees ranging from 1.3% to 15.9% (!!!) on my deposits, despite the deposit page not displaying any fees at all. Note that these fees are in the total billed amount from Bodog, not extra fees being charged by my bank.

Customer service agents have not given me a direct answer as to when these fees were added or how much they will be. The first agent told me there was a fee of 15.9% on credit card deposits (which is the most ludicrous deposit fee I have ever heard of on a betting site, even using third parties to deposit would never cost this much). Then when I inquired where this was listed, he changed his story and said that the fee is not a fixed percentage but changes randomly (to seemingly any random amount which is quite terrifying…is Bodog going to just decide to charge me a 100% deposit fee one day with no notice or indication of such?). The second agent I spoke to said there was a 5.9% fee on Visa cards and 9.9% fee on Amex.

Has anyone else noticed these fees recently? As stated above I have never experienced this before, and have a deposit as recent as May 29th, 2021 which was not charged any fee. The deposit page does not list any fee, the Fee page does not mention anything about credit cards (except mentioning that your bank may charge as a cash advance, which is not what is happening here), so I am at a total loss as to why I am being charged so much and will 100% be closing down my account (after 10+ years and 1000s transacted) if this is not explained or resolved.

@dfader2 We’ll be happy to take a look into this for you.

We will send you a PM for more information

I too have now started being charged very shady mastercard transactions. Very bizarre descriptions and odd amounts being charged to me. Been with bodog for some time now but this is a deal breaker for me.